Sunday, October 7, 2007

Comic Book Idol 3

Haven't posted in a while but here's some cool news...

As some of you know, I’ve been selected as a finalist for Comic Book Idol 3!!
http://cbi.comicbookresources.com/

For the next 5 weeks (depending on how far into it I get before I’m eliminated) 9 other Finalists and myself will be going toe to toe in weekly challenges that will be reviewed by Celebrity Judges (Marc Silvestri, Artist and CEO of Top Cow Productions, Chris Ryall, Writer and Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of IDW Publishing, James Lucas Jones, Editor-in-Chief of Oni Press) among other ‘Guest Judges’ yet to be announced and then voted on by the public… Now this is where you come in. I need all of you to take a few minutes to visit the CBR forum and register to vote here - http://forums.comicbookresources.com/register.php

Here’s how the competition is set up:

Thursday: Art assignment posted
Monday: Assignment deadline; judges begin posting comments
Wednesday: Public vote
Thursday: Elimination; next assignment posted

The first Challenge will be announced this Thursday Oct. 11th and the first round of Voting begins on Wednesday Oct. 17th - I hope I can count on your support!

Thanks... and since I've been such a slacker, here's a bit of unfinished fun -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freddy, I will be delighted to vote for your fine artwork. You are a winner already in my book...Best of luck.
Vicky

Monica Garces said...

You've heard this many times before but I wanted to post so everyone knows how very proud I am of you! Good luck and no pressure to win of course...;)